Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Cracked Buddha.

Cracked-faced Buddha


A cracked buddha might be
someone we can come to know
who isn't turned by the world
but appreciates that these human feelings

are just his own. She makes them here
but is content not to spin
that same old story. A cracked buddha
might even come to play

in his broken world, in its overgrown garden
of hate and fears. It's no mystery that he can know love
as a intangible fact before his own concerns.
A cracked buddha, unmaking herself

as she goes along, unties the drawstrings
of the world's great purse. A cracked buddha
may be happy in being 'an unacknowledged legislator
of the world'.
.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Nice

an3drew said...

lol, harry the "cracked Buddha" ! at least it's not on crack !

your daughter writes way better :o)(

Anonymous said...

Hi Harry. I tend to want to lash out at those who make me angry. I started acting on this on Buddhist blogs of all places. Many things triggered my anger. Mostly my own greedy cravings and impossible wishes. The triggers were almost always imaginary. They were tied together with fear. Fear distorted my reality and then I might imagine my own and or others motivations to be something they were not. At this possibility I would become angry. Then later feeling justified, ashamed or angrier still the cycle continued. I still imagine what is not there but now I try and wait. I concluded none of those feelings could be trusted which I think is about right.

Harry said...

"...I still imagine what is not there but now I try and wait. I concluded none of those feelings could be trusted which I think is about right."

Hi Anon,

Thanks for the interesting message. Yes, I too see a lot of value in what I call that sort of 'doubt'... not just intellectual doubt or cynicism, but actually waiting and seeing that things really aren't as I may think/feel they are when my knickers are in a twist.

Good points well made, and good luck with it all.

Regards,

Harry.