Friday, September 6, 2013

Moving Experiences.

File:The Rage of Achilles by Giovanni Battista Tiepolo.jpeg

Above: Achilles got seriously pissed off. Talk about 'acting out'! ...No Doctor Phil back then.

Well, I've gone and changed the name of this whacky blog again... right back to what it originally was in olden times (about 4 million kalpas ago, internet time). I did this because I'm moving house and am 'enjoying' all the frustration, stress, disruption and ANGER that are said to often go with that.

I was flicking back through some stuff from the net about anger (seen in Buddhism as one of the Three Poisons... if you're not too fussy about translation) and came across this interesting page.

In a turn that should be read by anyone that has ever taken up arms to defend the Holy Dharma on Buddhist internet forums it states:

Unexpressed anger can create other problems. It can lead to pathological expressions of anger, such as passive-aggressive behavior (getting back at people indirectly, without telling them why, rather than confronting them head-on)...

and continues...


or a personality that seems perpetually cynical and hostile. People who are constantly putting others down, criticizing everything, and making cynical comments haven't learned how to constructively express their anger.

Could that have been written for you? ... Me too!

Now, I don't quite agree with some of the approach expressed therein, but it may just be more useful than mouthing off and pretending that the Absolute is speaking through me when, actually, I'm just mistaking aspects of my self for something which they are not (i.e. me, me, ME, MEEEE!). Is that all a bit cynical (although I think it may be valid to be cynical about anger... or at least to doubt very much the views and perceptions it engenders)? Sorry if so. Let me address that by saying 'I love you' and offering this pleasant image:



Feel free to drop a few lines about anger if you have anything insightful to say about it, based on your own experience. Or rant away and I'll just ignore you if you're boring and predictable.

Regards (non-cynical regards, that is),

Harry.

4 comments:

an3drew said...

well I alternate between anger and depression, of the two I think anger is more constructive :o)

one can be angry, but not appear angry, perhaps that is the secret :o)(

this post is huge improvement harry, you are starting to shed the zen bullshit ! :o)

an3drew said...

ah, in that picture, Achilles is restrained by Minerva, the goddess of wisdom which is about where its at :o)(

Harry said...

Yes, good old Minerva.

I make bullshit in a whole range of flavours. I can't really blame 'zen', or anyone else, for my swallowing it.

Regards,

H.

andy said...

wind in the flames
unbroken
wind in the flue